For most women, weight loss is a life long journey. Whether you are trying to drop 5 pounds or 50 pounds, weight loss is a frustrating process with the majority of us gaining it back within 2 years.
The National Weight Control Registry’s study of 10,000 people who’ve kept pounds off found a few things in common:
- They eat breakfast daily.
- They weigh themselves once a week.
- They watch less than 10 hours of TV a week.
- They exercise about an hour a day (with walking the most popular method).
Increasingly, researchers and doctors are finding that the real key to weight loss isn’t low-carb or low-fat; it’s taking a much more personalized approach.
The EAT LIKE A WOMAN program encourages that you eat breakfast within one hour of waking to wake up your metabolism, and start the day with controlled blood sugar so you manage cravings.
A few more tips:
- Plan out your daily menu, it contributes to staying on a plan to avoid those HANGRY moments.
- Keep a food/activity journal, so you can see the big picture. Are you eating too much of a good thing? Or too little? It helps to be accountable for your actions.
- Have a buddy for exercise dates. It is so easy to blow-off exercising when you are busy. If you keep a date with a friend it increases the odds of working out.
By Staness Jonekos
Author, Eat Like a Woman