So healthy and easy to make!! Salmon has impressive health benefits: rich in omega-3s, excellent source of protein, high in B vitamins, good source of potassium, may reduce your risk of heart disease, loaded with selenium that can protect bone health, improve thyroid function and reduce the risk of cancer!!
Prep time: 20 mins
Cook time: 10 mins
Total time: 30 mins
• Chili Lime Salmon Tacos:
• 2 pounds of salmon filets
• 2 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 limes, zested
• 1 jalapeno
• kosher salt to taste
• 12 leaves of butter lettuce
• 2 cups ripe mango, chopped, skinned and pitted
• 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
• ¼ cup red onion, chopped
• ½ cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
• 1 jalapeno, finely chopped
• 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
• kosher saltInstructions:
• For the Mango Salsa:
• Combine all of the ingredients in a medium sized bowl and season to taste with kosher salt. Set aside (this can be made hours ahead of time and kept in the refrigerator).
• For the Salmon:
• Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
• Place the salmon on a sheet pan, preferably covered in a piece of parchment or foil.
• Drizzle the salmon with the 2 tablespoons of olive oil and then sprinkle with the limes zest. Take a rasp or fine grater and grate the jalapeno over the fish as well. Finally squeeze the juice of one lime over the fish. Generously season with kosher salt.
• When the oven is hot, place the fish in the oven and roast for 10 minutes.
• When the fish is ready, cut pieces to your preferred size, then place on top of the lettuce leaves. Garnish with a large spoonful of the mango salsa and serve while salmon is hot. Add avocado as a garnish.
• Repeat with the remaining salmon.
Eat Like a Woman! #DifferencesMatter