Perfect lunch on the go!
Easy-to-make, healthy salad with quinoa, broccoli, avocado, tomato, baby spinach, radish and olive oil in Mason jars.
Recipe for one Mason jar, double recipe for 2 jars.
Layer these ingredients in a mason jar:
- Cut florets from a head of broccoli, enough to fill bottom of jar
- Cut 3-4 cherry tomatoes in half and place on top of broccoli
- Add 1 cup of quinoa. Make this ahead of time. Bring quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until quinoa is tender and water has been absorbed, 10 to 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
- Thinly slice 1 radish and cover the quinoa
- Top with 1/2 avocado cubed, and squirt some fresh lemon on top to keep from browning
- Finish with a handful of fresh spinach
If you are on-the-go put the jar top on, bring your favorite dressing on the side, and serve when you are ready to eat. It is great with just olive oil, and sometimes I use no dressing and just mush up all the ingredients – so delicious and healthy!
By Staness Jonekos