Broiled Salmon With Asparagus
Salmon seasoned and broiled, along with stalks of asparagus. A heart healthy recipe!
Eating salmon regularly has numerous benefits, including improved heart health. 4 ounces of Atlantic salmon contains 1,200 to 2,400 milligrams of DHA plus EPA, two types of omega-3 fatty acids. The Institute of Medicine recommends women consume at least 1,100 milligrams each day; pregnant and nursing women require 1,400 and 1,300 milligrams of omega-3s per day.
This recipe is easy to make and super delicious.
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/4 tsp Montreal steak seasoning
1 tsp minced garlic
1/4 cup parsley
1/2 fl oz lemon juice
6 oz boneless salmon
1/2 tbsp paprika
12 spears medium asparagus
1 fl oz white wine
- Prepare asparagus by washing and trimming 1″ off ends.
- Pre-heat oven to 350-375 °F (175-190 °C).
- Place salmon portions on broil pan and season with Montreal steak seasoning, extra virgin olive oil, paprika, parsley, wine and lemon juice.
- Also place asparagus stalks on pan, drizzle extra virgin olive oil on them and season with Montreal steak seasoning.
- Place in oven for about 7-10 minutes, or until salmon begins to flake.